How to setup the Herdmaster app on your Android smartphone/tablet
Modified on: Tue, 14 Nov, 2023 at 11:10 AM
On your PC:
- You need to have a username and password for the www.agrinet.ie website (you will already have this if you use the online grass software or if you have setup the agfood link to register calves). Use the "Grass sign up" on the top right of www.agrinet.ie if you have not done this already. This will result in an email being sent to your computer. You must click on the email to activate your login to www.agrinet.ie
- Enter Herdmaster on the PC and select "To Smartphone" on the right hand side of the initial main menu
- Select "Send data to Smartphone" button on the top right
- Follow the prompts and a new screen loads with a red button
- Enter your www.agrinet.ie username and password in the “set user” section if not there already
- Select "Upload smartphone data". The system will then upload all data needed on the smartphone and this data will be stored on the AgriNet server. You will be told when the process is finished.
Unfortunately Google have taken away the ability for us to run the Herdmaster smartphone app the way we have always done in the Google Chrome browser. This has impacted lots of software around the world. Our only way to run the Herdmaster app at the minute is to use the free Opera browser which you can download from the Play Store. Don't update the Opera browser app in future and it should keep going for the Herdmaster app.
On an Android phone/tablet:
- Download and open the free Opera browser
- Type or copy https://app.agrinet.ie/HerdMaster into the address bar at the top and click “go” on the keyboard. The software will load up
- Select "Set username" on bottom of screen
- Enter the username and password for www.agrinet.ie and select "Save"
- Select "Download full herd" and then select "Connect to server". The farm will download from the server
- Select "Back" when download is finished
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.